The Newark Museum is celebrating Native American culture at its Second Sunday program on Sunday, April 9 from noon to 5 pm. The program features lectures, performances, tours, art and science demonstrations, and workshops, music, and baked goods. All events are free with admission unless otherwise noted. Admission is free for Members and Newark residents.
The program will include:
· Presentations of poetry and spoken word
· Performances by musicians, dancers and theatrical groups
· Lectures and conversations by artists, scientists and others
· Newark Museum through the Eyes of Gallery Aferro Artists tour and discussion with Michael Wolf, a New York City artist working primarily in sculpture and installation
· Demonstrations and workshops presented by artists and “makers” inspired by the Museum’s exhibitions
· Pop-Ups and Drop-Ins
· Hands-on Creative Play and Family Gallery Workshops
· Docent-led and teen-led gallery tours
Second Sundays are presented by the Horizon Foundation for New Jersey. Additional support is provided by United. For further information, visit www.newarkmuseum.org.